Interested in roaming with Nanaimo CarShare? Great! Please note that we are volunteer run and have no office or office hours. To help assure timely processing of your roaming application, please apply no later than 5 business days prior to the start of your desired booking date. Thank you!
If you’re a member of a carsharing organization, you may be eligible to drive Nanaimo CarShare Cooperative vehicles through a “roaming membership.” Here’s how to roam with Nanaimo CarShare:
- Does the carsharing organization (CSO) where you’re a member have a “roaming agreement” with Nanaimo CarShare? That must be in place before you could roam with us. Call your home CSO and ask. If yes, read on!
- To drive our cars, we’ll first ask your CSO to confirm that you’re a member “in good standing.” That means:
- You have not been fined on more than three occasions during the past six months for returning a vehicle late or excessively dirty.
- You have zero at-fault vehicle accidents during the past three years (or, for BC drivers, you have no more than one at-fault accident in the past three years and a 35% or more ICBC safe driving discount).
- You do not have a past due balance in excess of $25 in your home CSO account.
- You still meet your home CSO's membership eligibility criteria.
Here’s how to sign up:
- Obtain from ICBC your Insurance Claims History and Driving Record. Don’t fret—this takes about a minute. See step #1 on our Join page for specific instructions.
- Drop us a quick e-mail please to NanaimoCarshareInfo(at)gmail.com to let us know you’ve asked ICBC to send your documents. We’ll be on the lookout.
- A Nanaimo CarShare volunteer will contact you once your ICBC documents have been reviewed and your eligibility confirmed. Then, carry on!
- Complete our Roaming Agreement.
- Scan and e-mail the Roaming Agreement to NanaimoCarshareInfo(at)gmail.com or postal mail it to:
Nanaimo CarShare Cooperative
PO Box 287 STN A
After our volunteer staff has reviewed your Roaming Agreement, we’ll be in touch when you’re set up and ready to roll in Nanaimo!
* If ICBC does not require that you have a BC driving licence, please contact us about your possible eligibility.